There is a safe place for girls aged 12-17 to talk about teen issues.
It is called “Girl Power” a coaching group for girls at Journeys Healing & Wellness Center.
Girls aged 12-17 are invited to be a part of this coaching group on Tuesday, December 20th, from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
At our next meeting we will talk about: “Getting Along With Difficult People”
It will include:
- Identifying the types of people who are getting on your last nerve.
- Talking about ways to deal with these situations.
- Acting out scenarios that will make it real.
During this meeting girls can bring up topics of concern, and will brainstorm strategies to find solutions to their problems. The second part of the meeting, Bethany Frank, from Beauty By Bethany, will be joining us to share beauty secrets requested by the participants.
Cost: $10 per meeting, limit of 10 girls per group
If you are interested or have any questions:
E-mail Ellen at email@example.com
Ask Ellen about other groups:
- Mommy & Me : a Coaching Group for moms and daughters aged 8-11
- Mom Power: A Coaching Group to support mom issues
This therapy, like massage, creates space and separation in the tissues that allows the therapist to work more effectively and comfortably on the client.
- Cupping Therapy is a specific set of movements that the trained practitioner uses in different combinations to quickly facilitate elimination of debris and release of rigid soft tissues.
- The movements and techniques stay within the boundaries of professional licensing and may be adapted to almost any modality that the therapist has training in.
Massage Cupping Therapy is a more commonly used tool for massage therapists and other healthcare practitioners. The movements are specific to bodywork and stay within the boundaries of professional licensing. Before applying the cup, the therapist will administer oil or lotion to facilitate smooth movement, since the cup is kept active and is not left stationary on the client’s body. The entire back may be treated, including the neck, shoulders, middle and lower back, and sacral area. The hip and thigh areas may also be treated, and abdominal Massage Cupping bodywork feels just incredible. Almost every area of the body responds to this unique treatment.
Purpose: To promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue, scarring and adhesions, moving stagnation and increasing lymphatic flow and circulation.
Conditions that Respond well to Cupping include:
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Sluggish colon, IBS
- Stagnant lymph and edema
- Poor circulation
- Insomnia and anxiety
- Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
- Lung inflammation and congestion
- Migraine and headaches
- High blood pressure
- Asthma and pneumonia
- Neuralgia and rheumatism
- Pre- and post-operative conditions
- TMJ dysfunction
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Athletic stress and injury
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation
- Release deep muscular issues
- Release and soften scar tissue
- Lift and stretch soft tissue
- Increased range of movement
- Open chest and lungs
- Improve circulation
- Drain lymph fluid, clear drainage pathways
- Sedate the nervous system
- Open energy flow of the body
- Dredging and clearing old residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue — “milking the tissue”
Relaxation Yoga by Candle Light
Reconnect with yourself in a soft glowing environment
Every Thursday evening join our new yoga instructor, Danielle Conley,
at Journeys Healing & Wellness Center from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Price: $10 per person
Yoga Packages Available:
Package of 8- $76 ($9.50 per session)
Package of 12- $108 ($9.00 per session)
Purchase Package Now!
Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine that has been practiced for centuries. It’s based on the theory that energy, called chi (say “chee”), flows through and around your body along pathways called meridians. Acupuncturists believe that illness occurs when something blocks or unbalances your chi. Acupuncture is a way to unblock or influence chi and help it flow back into balance.
These treatments stimulate the body’s natural resources, relying upon the body’s innate ability to heal itself. We believe prevention is best and Chinese Medicine can detect and adjust subtle imbalances in our bodies before they become illness. We work closely with each individual to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for them.
Joanna, Acupuncturist, is available at Journeys Healing & Wellness Center on Monday and Tuesday from 9:00-4:00pm. She has a very flexible schedule and may have different openings available as well.
If you are interested in an appointment or have any questions please contact Joanna at 847-975-2571 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
EAR CANDLING – Now available with Kimberly
Ear Candling is $30 for 30 minute appointment, candles included. Ear candling, also called ear coning or thermal-auricular therapy, is an alternative medicine practice claimed to improve general health and well-being by lighting one end of a hollow candle and placing the other end in the ear canal.
Click the Schedule Now button to book your first session!